JJ's Sweet Rub Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Looking for a new recipe to try this weekend? Look no further! Use JJ's Gunpowder and JJ's Sweet Heat to make these delicious air fryer chicken tenders!
- 1 lb chicken breasts cut into 1" strips
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 egg
-1 cup breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
- JJ's Gunpowder (to taste)
- JJ's Sweet Rub (to taste)
1. Marinate chicken tenders in buttermilk between 30 minutes and 4 hours
2. Combine flour, cornstarch, and JJ's Gunpowder in bowl
3. Whisk egg with 1 tablespoon water in another bowl
4. In a third bowl, combine breadcrumbs and JJ's Sweet Rub
5. Remove chicken tenders from buttermilk and pat dry with paper towel
6. Dredge chicken in flour mixture to lightly coat it. Dip in egg, then dip in breadcrumb mixture. Repeat until all chicken tenders are breaded
7. Preheat air fryer to 390*F. Add chicken tenders to air fryer in single layer and cook 10-12 minutes or until chicken reaches 165*F. Repeat until all tenders are cooked
Do you prefer a little more spice? Substitute JJ's Sweet Heat in for a little kick!
Let us know if you try this and what you think!