JJ's Gunpowder Prime Rib
Follow this recipe for an excellent combination of prime rib taste and flavor!
20 lb Standing Rib Roast
Approximately 30 Garlic Cloves
1/4 Cup Minced Garlic
Butcher string for wrapping
- 24 Hours Before cooking, place roast in pan and season heavily with JJ's Gunpowder
- Cut fat cap and stuff with garlic cloves, then minced garlic
- Wrap the roast with butcher string and apply more JJ's Gunpowder
- Preheat Smoker Grill to 500*F (Signature Traeger pellets recommended)
- Smoke roast at 500*F for 20 minutes
- Lower Smoker temperature to 250*F
- Let cook until internal temperature reaches 130*F (about 2.5 hours)
- Remove roast from Smoker
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and let rest for 45 minutes
- Slice to serve and enjoy!
Kim is Jim’s secret squirrel code name, or I have fat fingers.
Got a three pack from my buddy Kim for Christmas, tried the sweet heat on pork chops and baby back ribs, I have a new secret weapon!